Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday October 19th, 2011 PM

I went to work early this morning just so I could get out to the stand early. It was my first day of no football and I was excited to get in the stand at a decent time for the PM hunt.  I was all settled into "Rock Creek" by 3:45.  This is where I saw the big 9 along with the nice 10.  Well, the excitement was slowed quickly as I didn't see a thing until 6:40 when a doe and her two fawns circled me and came in behind me.  I grabbed for the Martin but she caught my movement and spooked.  That was all for me tonight.

Totals: Taylor 3 deer: 1 doe: 2 fawns

I am excited to share that I think we might have another shooter on the property!  This is great news, and he will tempt me if he passes in daylight.  I don't know if I will hold out for the Big 9, I guess we will see. What do you think? Is he a mature enough deer, his body sure seems to tell us he is, but I am not sure on the rack yet, although the angle is not the best.  He also almost looks like he is already puffing up a little in the neck. 



No comments: