Thursday, October 27, 2011

10-27-11 pm Romance

Thursday, October 27, 2011, Temp 54 degrees, Wind W 5-7 mph, mostly cloudy, Sunset 6:07 pm, Hunting closes 6:37 pm. It rained a little in the early afternoon which made the woods a bit quieter. I decided to give the recliner stand a try. I brought my good buddy "Hairy" with me and set him up to the NW of me about 15 yards away. Nate wanted to get closer to a food source (alfalfa and standing corn) so he went up to the "Badger Hole". We were both in position by 4:20 pm. At 6:15 pm, I heard some antlers crashing together to the NW of me. I originally thought that it was Nate. He thought that is was me. We both did some calling, but no luck getting them to respond. Totals: Bob - 0 deer, Nate - 0 deer.

Sorry. We are having trouble posting the photos. We have 6 different bucks on film. One nice 12 pointer, a nice 10 pointer and a really wide 8 pointer.

No comments: