Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday, October 24, 2011 pm

Monday, October 24, 2011, Temp 60 degrees, Wind S-SW 3-5 mph, mostly cloudy, Sunset 6:17 pm, Hunting closes 6:47 pm. Perfect night. A little warm, but minimal wind. With the wind projected to come from the south and west, I figured it would be worth giving Fish Bowl the inaugural sit of the year. I thought that my scent would blow over towards Arlie's 8 foot fence and that any deer on that side were unlikely to jump over if they didn't have to. I was all set up by 4:40 pm. Mindi decided that she was going to give the ladder stand a try. She texted me and told me that she was in by 4:50 pm. Mindi texted me at 5:20 pm, and said that she took a picture and shot some video with her cell phone of a nubbin buck that was right underneath her. At 5:45pm, I looked up the hill to the west of me and saw the little fork horn. He jumped the fence once over onto Arlie's, but he jumped right back across onto my land after I grunted to him. He stayed up by Arlie's Nob and never came all the way down the hill even after I grunted to him some more. He ended up slowly working his way back up the hill towards Mindi. I guess Mindi did up seeing the little buck that I had seen. I did get some video from about 40 yards. At 6:20 pm, Mindi texted me and said that she had a fawn out of range heading towards the NW towards me. At 6:25 pm, the same buck that I saw earlier came down from the SW and walked by 15 yards to the north of me. I did get some video with the night vision. He ended up jumping Arlie's fence and he went north into Arlie's pasture. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 buck. Mindi - 3 deer, 1 buck, 2 does and fawns.

1 comment:

Mindi Kay said...

My mistake... I am still learning the terminology- Taylor looked at the video I took of my 'nubbin' and it's actually, what you call, a Spike. It was a four-pointer. :) So I saw 2 bucks.