Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 pm

Wednesday, October 19, 2011, Temp 47 degrees, Wind W-NW 10-15 mph, mostly cloudy, Sunset 6:28 pm, Hunting closes 6:58 pm. I had a meeting that lasted till 3:00 up in the cities. I then had to pick up a fresh keg of Coors Light, the dogs from Heidi and bust hump to make it to Cannon for the evening hunt. Heidi came straight from work and was all set up in the VAT by 4:25 pm. Because I was running late, I decided that the Ridge back was my best option. I was all set up by 4:55 pm. At 5:30 pm, I could hear the combine cutting the corn up by Right Field. At 5:40 pm, Heidi texted me and said that she saw a doe running. It must have been scared by the combine. At 5:50 pm, Heidi texted and said that she had two more deer behind her to the south. I prayed that one of them would present a shot for her. She ended up seeing 8 deer, but nothing on the ground. Totals: Bob - 0 deer, Heidi - 8 deer, all does and fawns.

No comments: