Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday October 25th, 2011 PM

The temps cooled off during the day and the rain was to move in just after dark. What a perfect night to hunt!  I decided to give my new stand called the "Rock" Stand (named it this because it is not far from a huge boulder that sits at the point of a ridge.  I used to sit on this rock and actually harvested a doe from it about 8 years back.  Anyways, I moved this stand here because it is about 50 yards from a rub line and is between two huge Fence Post Rubs.  I have sat in this stand the last two nights and haven't seen a deer, so I figured, why not one more try.  I had nothing until 6:10 when I heard a deer behind me.  It was a four pointer and he was taking his time walking right at me.  I swung around, grabbed my bow and tried to get video.  He ended up walking directly to my tree and looked right up at me.  My stand is only about 10 ft up, so he wasn't far from me, he knew something was wrong and spooked to about 20 yards away where he stopped. He knew something wasn't right, but didn't know I was there. I was able to catch a tail on the camera, but it was starting to rain and was getting dark so the video was no good.  He ended up walking broadside of me at about 20 yards.  Had he been a shooter, he would have been dead!  He stood and looked in my direction and all around until after shooting light and then slowly walked away.  That was it.  Mindi was also out tonight. She went to Bob's place and sat in the ladder stand. She didn't see a deer.  Bob was out also.  He saw two deer. The first came barreling down from the dump stand and then turned around and went back where it came from.  A doe also came out but got down wind of him and blew and ran off.  Totals: Taylor: 1 deer: 1 buck (4pt): Mindi: 0 deer: Bob: 2 deer: 1?: 1 doe.

Here are some of the pictures of the rubs that I have found.  Pretty impressive!  Good luck as the rut starts up!




No comments: