Friday, October 21, 2011

Thursday- October 20, 2011 PM

Taylor and I ventured out on Thursday evening as he knew Gary was cutting down the corn fields that are near two of our stands. As we were driving out we saw the two fawns that I always see at the Watch Tower about to cross the road, they ran back up into the woods and I'm sure their Mom was right there with them. I thought maybe I should go to the Watch Tower but decided by the time I'd get there they would have already walked by that stand and headed towards the middle of the woods where they like to hang out.

Gary was working on the fields when we arrived and we thought maybe it would be a dinner bell to the deer and they would come out shortly after he was done. Taylor headed to Rock Creek and I headed to the Creek Stand.


Unfortunately, neither of us saw anything. With three minutes left of hunting light I was preparing to begin to pack up and head out of the stand when all of a sudden I could hear a deer come into the creek right next to me. There is one spot where the brush is quiet heavy and I can't see into the creek and of course that is where the deer decided to hang out. I could hear him drinking and then going to the bathroom in the water. Taylor sent me a text to make sure I was out of the stand but I was stuck, I didn't want to spook the deer. He drove the truck down and met me out by my stand and I quietly snuck out.
Totals: Taylor- 0; Mindi- 1?

No comments: