Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday October 29th, 2011 AM

I went back to the 505 this morning. It was a great morning, 25 degrees and no wind.  I went back to the Rock stand as I had not sat there in the morning yet.  At 8:20 I had a doe come in from the creek bed area below me. She got to about 50 yards and went back up the other ridge.  She never saw me and it could be possible she was a "Hot" doe. She had her tail up the whole time with her butt in the air.  That was it for me.

Totals: Taylor 1 doe

Now to the exciting part of this morning.  When I checked my camera on the field edge, I had some great bucks!

The first buck is the 10 pointer. We have some pictures of him, he is a great 2 1/2 year old. Needs another year or two, if he can make it. Would be a great buck for Mindi though!




The second buck is the Dagger buck.  Finally we got a better picture of him and he looks to be a great buck.  I thought to myself, yes, I would probably shoot him.  Until I saw the picture of the new buck!




I think I am going to call him High Brow because if you look closely, it looks like he has a really tall brow tine on his right side.  I can't decide how many points he actually has, I think it is somewhere between 11 and 13, possibly 14 with at least one kicker off of his base that might be scoreable.  Let me know how many points you think he has!  Would you pass up the Dagger buck knowing you had this guy and also the Big 9 out there?!?!  I guess we will have to see when the time comes, but for now, I am passing on the Dagger buck and waiting for either High Brow, or The Big 9!  I was in the woods 4 hours after this buck passed through, hopefully he comes back through the woods tonight when I am there!




 For anybody that likes to hunt coyotes, please feel free to come on over and have a try and these guys. I hate them and I hear them almost every night While in stand or coming out of the woods.  They look plenty healthy! 












1 comment:

ruedisili said...

Dagger 9 and the other one are both shooters. The other one has 11 points for sure. Maybe more. It looks like he may have a split G1 too. Regardless, a very mature shooter.