Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday October 17th, 2011 PM What a Night!

What a Night!

This was my last football practice so I was getting in the stand later than I wanted to.  I was in the stand at about 5:30.  I decided to go back to Rock Creek as I had not sat there for a while.  At about 5:45 I had a four pointer come in behind me from the rock quarry to about 30 yards. He never got any closer and walked straight away from me.  5 minutes later two more bucks came in behind me from the rock quarry to about 25 yards. They were both facing me so I thought they would walk right to me.  I couldn't tell what they were yet, but shortly after I figured out that it was the Big 9 and the nice 10!  I quickly tensed up and became very excited.  I couldn't get video as they were directly behind the tree.  For some reason the big 9 turned and walked directly away from me toward the 4 pointer.  I tried to grunt but he started to jog after I grunted.  The 10 still stood at about 25 yards and I could not get good video.  I watched the Big 9 and the 4 pointer run to the East over the hill.  While I watched the 10 pointer two nubbin bucks and a doe walked in behind me.  One of the nubbins licked the trail camera while the doe walked back and forth. I wasn't sure if she was doing this because of the 10 or because of me.  Well, after about 10 minutes of this I tried to turn enough to see what she was up to and she caught me before I had turned all the way around.  She blew and took off and so did her nubbins.  They went back to the south where they came from.  The ten decided to walk back to the rock quarry where the bucks came from.   I was not happy by this time.  At about 6:30 I had another 4 pointer come out of the rock quarry and get to 30 yards on the same trail and he walked back the same exact way that the Big 9 and the first 4 pointer walked.  All in all, that was an awesome short sit!  I think I will be heading back there again for the next hunt on Wednesday night!  I had some video of the first 4 pointer, but I somehow deleted it trying to transfer it to my computer. I wasn't happy about this either!


Totals: Taylor: 7 deer: 4 bucks: 2 Fours, 1 Nine, 1 Ten: 1 Doe: 2 Nubbins

Here are previous pictures of the two bigger bucks I saw last night.  The 9 is my buck I am hunting hard this year and the 10 will be next years prize, or Mindi's first buck every with a bow!

No comments: