Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday, October 27, 2011 am Romance, WI

Thursday, October 27, 2011, Temp 38 degrees, Wind W 3-5 mph, mostly sunny, Sunrise 7:21 am, Hunting opens 6:51 am. After a short nights sleep, we had a nice breakfast, showered and were out the door. I was back at the Sherpa and Nate went to Everest. We were both in position by 6:20 which was a full 30 minutes prior to shooting light. I had left my trusty decoy "Hairy" up on the hill overnight and set him up in the dark about 15 yards uphill of me to the NW. I saw. 0 deer. At 8:40 am, Nate was sitting in Octopussy and he had 6 does and fawns come down the trail from the east. They all came through at 10-12 yards and never smelled him. Unfortunately there were no bucks with them. Totals: Bob - 0, Nate - 6 does and fawns.
No pictures to post from Romance as the batteries in the Cuddeback have been dead for more than 10 days. I will check some of the other cameras tomorrow. Stay tuned.

No comments: