Sunday, October 16, 2011

Saturday, October 15, 2011 pm

Saturday, October 15, 2011, Temp 58 degrees, Wind W 10-15 mph, mostly cloudy, Sunset 6:32 pm, Hunting closes 7:02 pm. Little and I cut wood for most of the morning and up until early afternoon up by the rack shack. Because of this, I decided to go to Border Patrol and Heidi went to the VAT. I really wanted to hunt the square woods since Gary had cut my corn yesterday, but I thought that I had better let thing quiet down for a day. Heidi and I were both set up and in position by 4:30 pm. At 5:55 pm, Heidi texted me and said that she could see a small buck over in the Sugar Shack food plot using her binoculars. It was too far away and going away from her. At 6:15 pm, Heidi texted me that she saw two does running to the SE of her on the side of the hill. The wind must have swirled and they smelled her. Totals: Bob - 0 deer. Heidi - 3 deer, 1 buck and 2 does.

No comments: