Monday, October 3, 2011

Saturday, October 1, 2011 am

Saturday, October 1, 2011, Temp 34 degrees, Wind NW 0-2 mph, mostly sunny. Sunrise 7:02 am, Hunting opens 6:32 am. Dan drove down this morning from Onalaska for the hunt. I sent him up to Everest and I went to Recliner. We were both set up by 6:05 am. The seat that I put in up here is a bit small and is too high. I will need to adjust it if I plan on doing an all day sit during the rut. At 7:20 am, I heard a deer snorting up on the hillside to the north of me. I figured that it must have seen or smelled Dan. I later found out that it was a doe and fawn. At 8:45, Dan had a doe come from the NW. She stayed around for about 10 minutes until I fired up the ATV and drove back to get Dan. Once I got to about 50 yards from Everest, she took off. We then spent about 2 and 1/2 hours cleaning out the other new stands. They should be all set for out hunts later this fall. Totals: Bob - O deer, Dan 3 deer, 3 does.

No comments: