Monday, October 3, 2011

Friday, September 30, 2011 pm

Friday, September 30, 2011 pm, Temp 60 degrees, Wind NW 12-20 mph, mostly sunny, Sunset 6:49 pm, Hunting closes 7:19 pm. After getting some work done, I ran out to the stands and put in permanent seats and safety ropes with Prusik knots. This way if I or anyone else falls on the way up, down, or while sitting in the tree, they are always attached to a safety rope. I would highly recommend this system to everyone. An ounce of prevention can prevent a ton of pain. You can youtube this and there is a step-by-step video that will take you through it. They are very easy to tie and could save your life. Enough of my soap box. Because I made so much noise up at Romance, I thought that I would try my luck at Copper. Since it is the last day of the 2011 inland trout season, I thought that I need to wet a line for a few hours. I went down to Copper Creek and in an hour and a half I landed 2 beautiful browns on my fly road on a Dave's Hopper. The biggest was about 14." A pretty nice way to end the season. At 4:00 pm, I quickly changed and headed out to the Rock outcrop. I am so pissed because I left my backpack with everything in it back at Romance by accident. No butt pad, no Nintendo DS, and knife, no binoculars. Oh well, I will just have to make do. I was all settled in for the evening hunt by 4:25 pm. Nothing to report. Totals: Bob - 0 deer.

No comments: