Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tuesday, October 25, 2011, Temp 51 degrees, Wind N-NE 15-20 mph, mostly cloudy, Sunset 6:12 pm, Hunting closes 6:42 pm. This is our 400th post of all time. Pretty awesome! I got home early today and just had to get out hunting. A front is pushing through, and the temperatures have been dropping all day. With a N-NE wind, I had to go to the VAT. I was all settled in by 4:30 pm. Mindi got off work late and she snuck into the ladder stand around 5:00 pm. At 5:45 pm, I had a deer come flying down the hill from over by the dump stand. I saw it for a couple of seconds and it ran off to the east. I am really not sure what it was besides a deer. At 6:25 pm, I had a nice big doe sneak in from the south to the west of me. She was working her way into the food plot when the wind swirled and she smelled me. That was all it took, and she trotted off to the west. Totals: Bob - 2 deer, 1 doe n 1 unknown. Mindi - 0 deer
Fans- Stay tuned this week for some great updates from Copper Creek and Romance Valley Farms, Wisconsin. My good friend, and a 009 founder Nate Myers will be joining me from Oklahoma for a hunt. As you know, we do have spotty cell phone coverage, but we will do what we can to update our loyal fans.

No comments: