Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday, October 20, 2011 pm

Thursday, October 20, 2011, Temp 46 degrees, Wind N-NW 5-10 mph, mostly sunny, Sunset 6:25 pm, Hunting closes 6:55 pm. Hunting solo tonight at Heidi decided to go out downtown with the girls. With the wind from the north, I decided that the time was right to give the VAT a try. I have hockey practice in Edina at 8:30 pm, so I also wanted to be fairly close to the house so I can get back and go. I was in position and all set up by 4:30 pm. At 5:25 pm, I heard something coming down the hill from the north of me up by the house. I looked up the hill it was a small 4 pointer. He came down and ate in the bean field and walked around for 5 minutes or so at 10 yards. I took some cool video. At 5:30, a 7 pointer came from over by the sugar shack food plot down the main trail. He scared the fork horn off up the main road to the west. He came all the way though, ate beans and presented multiple 10 yard broadside shots. I wish Heidi or Mindi had been here. Some great video and we also got some trail camera pictures. The little 7 pointer walked up the same trail to the west. About 5 minutes later I heard a fight break out. I could see two bucks about 60 yards away fighting in the brush. They fought for about 15 minutes. It was the same 7 pointer an a rag horn 3-4 pointer. After the fight broke up, the rag horn came out to 10 yards and ate in the bean field. I got some video of him too. The fork horn and 7 pointer must have circled up to the NW. They saw the rag horn eating "their" beans and were determined to put a stop to it. The 7 pointer and rag horn got into a fight for about 5 minutes right out in the open in the bean field. It was amazing. I got some awesome video that I will post later. I guess the little guy's hormones are raging. Totals: Bob - 3 deer, 3 bucks.

No comments: