Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday, October 1, 2009 a.m.







Thursday, October 1, 2009 a.m. 47 degrees, rainy, Wind S-SE 10-20 mph, Sunrise 7:08 a.m. (Hunting opens 6:38 am). Well I was pissed. I got up this morning at 5:35 a.m., fed the dogs, ate breakfast, showered, got dressed, checked the weather (rain in forecast), put on face paint and headed out the door. As soon as I stepped out and headed down the hill it started pouring rain and lighting. I decided that it would be better to not go out this morning. Nevertheless, I did get out and check the cameras after it stopped raining and got light out. And to my surprise, we finally got some nice bucks on film! There is a really tall (and pretty thick) 8 pointer. Then there are two (I think they are different bucks) 10 pointers. Now it is time to get serious. They know where the food plots are, lets hope they start to visit them during shooting hours. Stay tuned. Buck Slayer out!

1 comment:

Mindi Kay said...

Yum.... one of those bucks sure would look quite tasty on my plate as some nice venison steak or venison jerky... TAYLOR- GET A DEER THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!