Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday, October 25, 2009 a.m.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 a.m., 46 degrees, mostly cloudy, wind N-NE 0-2mph, sunrise 7:40 a.m. (Hunting opens 7:10 a.m). It is a little wet out with all the rain we have had, but it started off to be a great morning. Bob went to the Dump, Heidi went to the ladder, and Taylor went to Right Field. On our way in, Taylor and I kicked up a bunch of deer up by the dump. Taylor and I were settled in at 7:00 a.m. At 7:10 a.m., Heidi texted me and told me that she could hear some deer, but it was too dark to see what they were. All morning Heidi thought she heard deer in the corn. Nothing came out. At 8:20 a.m., Heidi thought she heard 2 bucks fighting. At 8:35 a.m., Taylor texted me and said he had a big 8 pointer walking on the edge of the corn field from the west coming towards him. I guess he got some good video, but it kind of trotted through his shooting lane as he was drawing. See attached. At 8:40 a.m., Heidi used the arrows in her quiver and rubbed them on a branch to mimic a buck raking his antlers. I guess she was able to stop a doe in her tracks, but she was too far away. Heidi ended up seeing 6 does in the morning. Totals: Bob - 0 deer, Taylor 1 deer, 1 buck, Heidi - 6 deer, 6 does and fawns.

No comments: