Sunday, October 4, 2009

Saturday Evening October 3rd, 2009

Evening: Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009

Decided to go to the Apple Tree tonight. Got in the stand at 5:30pm. Was alone, Bob and Heidi were taking care of business in the cities! At 5:45 a nice little nubbin buck walked into the food plot to the east of me toward the Creek Bottome stand. At exactly 6:00 the swamp in front of me erupted with deer running everywhere. I counted six tails and they all went in different directions. Five minutes after the uproar I had another small nubbin buck come up the trail from the north directly in front of me. He smelled the camera and walked down toward the other nubbin buck. Just as this was happening a 2 does (one of them Heidi's famous neck shot doe, shes doing great!) and two fawns came walking in from behind the creek bottom and met up with the two nubbin bucks. After ten minutes of grazing in the food plot they all slowly walked into the swamp in front of me. At 6:45 I spotted two bucks and two does in the food plot between Creek Bottom and Border Patrol. They were a long ways away but one looked like the mutant buck we have pictures of and the other looked like tall seven. They grazed and ended up taking off back behind Border Patrol. That was it. Totals: 4 Doe; 2 fawns; 2 nubbin bucks; 2 bucks

FawnSlayer Out

No comments: