Sunday, October 11, 2009

Saturday, October 10, 2009 p.m.

Saturday, October 10, 2009 p.m., 38 degrees, mostly cloudy, overcast, wind W 20-25 mph, sunset 6:37 p.m. (Hunting closes 7:07 p.m). With the wind from the west, but swirling, I decided to give the Creek stand a try. I was all settled in by 5:00 p.m. I was just about to start a short rattling sequence and from over past the BP, near where the Jolly Roger used to be all hell broke loose. Four deer were running around chasing each other in the BP food plot. One of the does got tired of it and took off behind me up the hill to the east. The big doe and the other two deer (they were twin nubbin bucks) ran around in front of me. I guess their hormones are starting to kick in. After spending about 5 minutes in the BP food plot, the wind swirled and they took off towards Right Field. At 6:00 p.m., I heard something behind me to the NE. I used my binoculars and i could see 3 does/fawns back up on the hill about 50 yards away. They never came out and they fed back up the hill to the east. At 6:25 p.m., I looked over to the west and there was a doe on the cut hillside. She ended up trotting up the hill on the trail past the point stand. That was it from the stand. On my way in, there was a deer about 10 yards to the north of the Stump. It took off towards Right field. Totals: Bob - 8 deer, 8 does/nubbins.

No comments: