Saturday, October 10, 2009

Friday, October 9, 2009 a.m.

Friday, October 9, 2009 a.m., 29 degrees, mostly clear, wind 0 mph, sunrise 7:20 a.m. (Hunting opens 6:50 a.m). I was flying solo, and only have time for a short hunt this morning; therefore I decided to give the ladder a try. I sure wish that I would have left earlier as deer scattered everywhere once I got into the woods. I tried running and stopping, and running and stopping to try and mimic the sounds of a deer, but I guess it didn't work very well. I could actually hear and see them running through the forest and heard at least two of the jump the electric fence and go into Arlie's pasture. Nevertheless, I was settled in by 6:30 a.m. At 7:20 a.m., a doe and fawn came through from the west heading east about 10 yards to the south of me. She was the biggest doe that I have ever seen. I can tell you one thing, she did not like the blob that was not moving in the ladder stand. She did the stiff legged stomp, head bob, and the Wanamingo eye fake. She finally gave a warning blow and trotted off to the east. That was it. Totals: Bob - 2 deer, 2 does.

No comments: