Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday Evening October 24th, 2009

I was able to talk my dad into joining me for the hunt. I went and bought a doe tag hoping to get a chance at one tonight. We went to the stump and I brought stubby with too. At 5:45 we had a doe and two fawns come from behind the Creek Bottom stand. They noticed stubby and didn't know what to think. They never entered the main food plot as they waited for a bit and then turned around and went back from where they came. This was a bummer because the doe was large and would have been a great first doe. During this time another doe and fawn quietly walked down the hill to the south of the Stump. Once again this doe was not impressed with stubby and didn't come close enough for a shot. She was a little smaller so it was okay with me. They walked back to the south and kicked out another fawn which walked towards us and fed in teh foodplot until dark. That was all. Too bad my dad didn't get to see a buck or a shot. It will have to happen another night!

Totals Taylor and Ken: 6 deer: 2 doe, 4 fawns

Fawnslayer Out

No comments: