Tuesday, October 27, 2009

October 27, 2009 p.m. (Our 200th post in 3 years!!)







Tuesday, October 27, 2009 p.m., 46 degrees, mostly sunny, wind S-SE 15-25 mph, sunset 6:07 p.m. (Hunting closes 6:37 p.m). With the wind from the south, I decided it was time to give Arlie's Nob a try. I had Stubby and put him facing me about 10 yards to the SW of me. Taylor went back to Right Field. We were both settled in by 4:00 p.m. At 4:40 p.m., dip shit Rusty took his 4-wheel and drove it along his side of the fence all the way up the hill. He stopped when he came to the field and turned around and drove back down the hill. What a complete d-bag. At 5:30 p.m., I rattled and raked the branch in front of me with my quiver. I looked to the north and there were 7 does and fawns on Arlie's side of the fence. At 5:35 p.m., with them all standing in the fence line road, Rusty Sr. and Jr. decided to drive back up the hill on by my stand. This time they drove up to the field and then drove through the woods to the north. They did say anything to me, or to each other. What complete morons. The deer of course spooked back to the north as they didn't want to have to jump the 6+ foot high fence. At 5:45 p.m., Taylor said that he had a buck walking through the woods to the SW of him. After making a rub, he circled back towards him. The 8 pointer actually walked the corn field in front of him to the west, jumped the fence and then fed down the trail towards him and underneath the tree. He is a 1 1/2 year old 8 pointer that has some great potential. Awesome video. That was it. Totals: Bob - 7 deer, 7 does and fawns, and two dip shit neighbors, Taylor, 1 deer, 1 buck.



I did get these buck on the cameras. All new ones in my opinion. (the one on 10-27-09 may be the big 8 [facing right] that we have seen) Maybe only 1 shooter, but nice potential for next year... if they can make it.

No comments: