Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 p.m.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 p.m., 41 degrees, mostly cloudy, overcast, wind E 3-5 mph but swirling a bit in the valley early, sunset 6:30 p.m. (Hunting closes 7:00 p.m). With the wind from the east, it was time for me to give the Border Patrol a try. Before I left the house, I looked out and in my front yard on the other side of the driveway was two does and two fawns. One of the does was the deer that Heidi hit on opening weekend. She appeared to be doing just fine. I was all settled in by 5:05 p.m. Fortunately, I didn't spook anything that I know of off the food plots on the way in to the stand. At 6:00 p.m., I looked over my left shoulder to the west and saw a doe working her way into the food plot from the south. A minute later, she was joined by another doe. One fed out towards the stump and got to within 25 yards of it. The other doe stayed more to the south and ended up more by the base of the sledding hill. She then turned to the north and walked the main trail towards the apple tree stand. They then both met up on the main trail and continued feeding to the north. The one doe came back into the field and fed within 15 yards of the stump. She was about to walk past the camera, but she ended up veering off to the west and walked behind the tree that the camera was hung on. At 6:35 p.m., I looked behind me and saw the tail end of a deer walking to the south in the stump food plot. I am not sure what it was as it was about 150 yards away. Then I saw another one going the same direction. They may have been the same does I saw earlier. That was it. Totals: Bob - 4 deer, 4 does.

No comments: