Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 a.m.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 a.m., 41 degrees, mostly cloudy, wind S-SE 5-10mph, sunrise 7:44 a.m. (Hunting opens 7:14 a.m). This was a big day for Arlie's Nob two years ago as I shot my 10 pointer on the blog from there. I decided to return to the scene of the crime. I wanted to get in early because I was walking through the woods to get to the stand. Taylor and I left the house in darkness at 6:35 a.m., and we were settled in a half hour before shooting light. Taylor went back to try his luck from Right Field. At 8:15 a.m., I had a deer sprint by coming from the SE. It ran past me about 10 yards to the south. It missed running over Stubby by 5 yards. I was hoping that a buck would be chasing it. It ran into the Valley to the SW. It eventually settled down and walked up the hill to the north. I got my binoculars on him and could see it was a nubbin buck. He slowly turned and fed down the hill towards the Apple Tree stand. Something must have scared him that is for sure. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 nubbin buck, Taylor - 0 deer. Yes that is right 0 deer for Taylor. Shocking! :)

No comments: