Saturday, October 24, 2009

Friday Evening October 23rd, 2009

The temps cooled and it snowed a few inches. I asked the wife if she wanted to join as I thought the deer would be moving. She agreed and we decided to go to the VAT as it had stopped snowing and raining. Having a pregnant wife we soon found it wasn't easy getting into the stand, but she did make it. We also quickly found out that although the rain and snow stopped, the dripping didn't. We were in the stand by 4:50. At about 5:30 we had a doe and fawn come down the hill from the east. They fed in the food plot for about forty five minutes and then took off back towards "The Dump". That was it! At least she got to see some deer this year!

Totals: Taylor and Mindi: 2 deer; 1 doe, 1 fawn

Fawnslayer Out

2 comments:

Mindi Kay said...

Yep... I went with... almost fell out trying to get out of the stand, it's hard getting a round bump over the 2x4's holding up the stand. I'm blind as a bat though- Taylor saw those two deer probably 20 minutes before I saw anything! Yeah-- Hunting just isn't my thing- AT ALL! Cool to see the fawn feeding, but I got bored after 10 minutes.. I wanted him to frolick in the field and entertain me!

ruedisili said...

You are a trooper Mindi. I am impressed that Taylor convinced you to go out. I am just happy you were able to see some deer. Bob