Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thursday, October 8, 2009 p.m.




Thursday, October 8, 2009 p.m., 49 degrees, cloudy, overcast, wind N-NW 8-10 mph, sunset 6:39 p.m. (Hunting closes 7:09 p.m). Heidi and I left the house at 4:50 p.m. With the wind being from the N-NW, I decided it would be best to not hunt BP or the Creek bottom. I got Heidi set up for the inaugural night in the "Stump" and I went to the VAT. I changed the chip on the food plot camera and then walked up to grab the chip from the Apple Tree. When I turned around to head back to the south to the VAT, there was already a doe on her way into the food plot from the west. I called Heidi to let her know, and after she saw her I walked back that way and scared her back up the hill to the west. When I rounded the corner to enter the original food plot I kicked a doe and two fawns out of the VAT food plot. They ran off to the south. I was finally able to climb up and settle in by 5:15 p.m. At 5:55 p.m., I had a small doe sneak through behind me to the south going from west to east. It was through the brush on the other side of the creek about 30 yards away. I guess she was not interested in the food plot. At 6:15 p.m., a doe and fawn came into the "Stump" food plot for Heidi. They came from the west. At 6:35 p.m., Heidi was able to see through the trees to the east and see a few does in the BP food plot. That was it for me. I did have 5 raccoons come out at dark, but no deer. Heidi ended up seeing a total of 9 does, and I even kicked some out of the field when I went to get her after dark. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 doe, Heidi - 9 deer, 9 does.

No comments: