Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday, October 16, 2009 a.m.

Friday, October 16, 2009 a.m., 32 degrees, partly cloudy, wind 0-2 N-NE mph, sunrise 7:28 a.m. (Hunting opens 6:58 a.m). Kind of a dark and cloudy morning. I had to take a conference call at 7:30 a.m., so I decided to stay up by the house (better cell coverage) and hunt the Ladder stand. Taylor came over this am (MEA) week/weekend and he and "Stubby" went to the VAT. We were both settled in by 6:35 a.m. At 7:20 a.m., I heard some mewing to the SW of me. I couldn't see anything through the leaves. At 7:29 a.m., (I know this was the time as my conference call started at 7:30 a.m.), a nubbin buck came into 10 yards from the SE. I had to scare him away so I could hop on my call. I am sure glad that he wasn't the big boy. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 nubbin buck; Taylor - 0 deer.

No comments: