Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 p.m.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 p.m., 51 degrees, mostly cloudy, wind E-SE 10-15 mph, sunset 6:06 p.m. (Hunting closes 6:36 p.m). I originally set out to hunt the new stand which Taylor and I hung after the morning hunt. It is in the SW corner of my woods to the NW of the house, along the corn field. I had a stand up there a few years ago, but we took it down. We are calling it the "Front Porch." I climbed up in the stand and could hear Rusty putting in poles to extend the fence along the line. I decided to get down and go over to the dump stand. Taylor had gone to Right Field, but he had forgotten his back pack, so I brought it over and left it at the bottom of the hill. He came down n grabbed it while I was setting up Stubby. I finally got settled in by 4:25 p.m. At 4:50 p.m., I looked to the north and there was a nubbin coming into the sugar shack food plot from the east. He ate for a bit then left. At 4:55 p.m., Taylor texted me and said that he saw a small 7 pointer coming my way. He had walked right underneath him (the same place that other 8 pointer walked through yesterday). Taylor was able to get some video, we will try to post it soon. I saw him to the SE of me, but he was 75 yards away. Still no video. At 5:10 p.m., the nubbin came back to the Sugar Shack food plot. He fed there for a while. At 5:55 p.m., I looked over my left shoulder to the west and I saw a few tails run up the hill towards the drive way (NW). Just then a doe was running back to the south between the food plots, jumped the creek up the hill and to the SW. A small 6-8 pointer was chasing her the whole way.
I couldn't get any video as they were moving too fast. The camera in the VAT food plot may have gotten a picture of them flying by. At 6:05 p.m., they were back. They were running around down in the VAT food plot. There actually may have been 2 bucks. They ended up heading up the hill toward the NW. Taylor said that he saw two more deer one of which was a big bodied deer to the SE of him. It moved through too fast for him to see what they were. The Little Bucks are MOVING!! I hope the big ones will start looking for some action soon. Totals: Bob - 7+ deer there were more, but some repeats, 3 bucks, Taylor - 3 deer, 1 Buck.

1 comment:

Aiden's Blog said...

Sounds as if u picked a good weekend to be at copper. Goodluck. I just got rained out.