Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday, October 22, 2009 p.m.


Thursday, October 22, 2009 p.m., 46 degrees, mostly cloudy, wind N-NE 15-20 mph, sunset 6:15 p.m. (Hunting closes 6:45 p.m). I tried something tonight against my better judgement. Taylor came in through skunk hollow and he saw Rusty cross in front of him and then pull into Arlie's. I had already had my mind made up that I was going to give the ladder stand a try. Probably a bad move. Taylor on the other hand decided to get as far away as he could and he went to the Dump. I was all settled in by 4:40 p.m. Two minutes later Rusty and Rusty Jr. came by on their ATV. Fortunately, once they got to the field they went north across the pasture. At 5:00 p.m., I could hear them yelling down in the creek bottom at the cows. I sure hope they are in the process of bringing them into the barn for the winter. One can pray. At 5:25 p.m., Taylor texted me and said that there was a decent 6 pointer and 3 does in the VAT food plot. He said that he was chasing them around pretty hard. They then crossed the creek and went up the hill to the south towards the neighbors corn field. At 5:50 p.m., Taylor texted me again to tell me that there were more does and another buck in the VAT food plot. Taylor thought that they might have been the same deer that he had seen earlier. Five minutes later they took off to the north up the hill. At 6:00 p.m., Taylor texted me and said that there was another doe in the VAT food plot. Finally at 6:10 p.m., I heard something to my right down wind of me towards the house. A doe and two fawns came out. They hung around for 10 minutes eating and looking at Stubby. They ended up walking off to the south west. One of the does walked right under my stand. At the same time, Taylor had two does walk through 30 yards to the south of him heading east. That was it. Totals: Bob - 3 deer, 3 does/fawns; Taylor - 11 deer, 2 Bucks, 9 does.


Attached is a picture from a few nights ago in the Stump food plot. Enjoy.

No comments: