Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 p.m.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 p.m., 49 degrees, mostly cloudy, wind E-SE 10-15 mph, sunset 6:19 p.m. (Hunting closes 6:49 p.m). This afternoon I flew back to Minneapolis from Omaha and quickly drove home so I could get in a sit this afternoon. I decided to give Spaghetti Junction another try. I was in position by 4:40 p.m. with Stubby set up 10 yards to the south of me. I am not sure how the weather man got S-SE wind because they really seemed to be swirling in the creek bottom. Taylor had a meeting after school and was running late, so he decided to try the Ridge back. He was all settled in by 5:00 p.m. At 5:10 p.m., I looked back to the NW and there were three does on the small circle road about 40 yards south of Arlie's fence. One slowly fed up the hill towards the Apple Tree stand. The other two went back into the woods towards the fish bowl stand. At 5:35 p.m., they all took off to the north east. I watched them walk the south fence line to the east. I am not sure if they jumped the fence and went north into the pasture, or went east up the hill to my neighbors' corn. That was it for me. At 6:30 p.m., Taylor had one come in from the NW to about 40 yards. It must of smelled him, because it blew a warning call and took off to the north towards Arlie's. Totals: Bob - 3 deer, 3 does and fawns; Taylor - 1 deer.

No comments: