Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 p.m.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 p.m., 56 degrees, mostly sunny, wind S-SE 10-20 mph, sunset 6:59 p.m. (Hunting closes 7:29 p.m). I decided to try something new and went to Right Field. I was settled in by 5:20 p.m. A little later then I had hoped, but grateful that I am able to get out on a Wednesday night. Taylor got here late too, so he decided to go to the Ridgeback stand. He was settled in by 5:50 p.m. At 6:15 p.m., I heard something to the SE in the corn. Then I saw a nice 8 pointer about 20 yards away. I could only see his head and rack. Unfortunately, he never came into the opening and he fed off to the SE. No video. I am so pissed. At 6:40 p.m., a deer snorted to the east of me (up wind) and then took off and ran over the ridge and down towards Pisa. It happened so fast that I am not sure what it was. That was it for me. At 6:55 p.m., Taylor had 2 does and 4 fawns feed up from the east and from the south of him. All of the deer fed within 30 yards of him. That was it. Bob - 2 deer, 1 Buck (decent one), and 1 ?, Taylor - 6 deer, 2 does and 4 fawns.

No comments: