Sunday, November 2, 2008

Saturday November 1st : 2008 AM and PM

Saturday November 1st : 2008 AM and PM

I walked in the woods about 10 minutes before shooting light. Since I was getting in a little later I decided to head to an easier stand. I headed to "The Ex". I had never hunted this stand before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I set "Stubby" up just to the south of me. After about an hour and a half I began to get restless and decided to monkey with my camera. During this time I heard something behind me. It was big 8! He was at a slow steady jog heading right at stubby. I wasn't ready for him as I was still messing with my camera. I tried to get turned around but when I did so he noticed some movement and spooked. He turned around and ran to about 40 yards and stopped. He stayed there for about a minute and then turned and ran over the hill towards "Arlies Nob". I was so mad at myself for messing around. Had I waited five more minutes and not messed around I would have been more prepared for him. It was the only time I had screwed around in the stand and it might have been my only chance for the rest of the year. By the way, his body is massive!!!!

In the PM I headed out to the "Fish Bowl". No luck there though as I was skunked for the night. Pretty much what I deserved after messing around this morning.

FawnSlayer out and dissapointed.
Totals: Taylor: 1 deer : 1 big buck!

No comments: