Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 p.m.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 p.m., 31 degrees, damp, sleeting rain, wind E-SE 10-15 mph, sunset 4:50 p.m. (Hunting closes 5:20 p.m). Roads are awful, so Dave and I left Rochester a little bit early. I decided to head back to the fishbowl and Taylor went to the Ridgeback. On my way to the stand I kicked up 4 does and fawns north of the ladder stand. They ran to the east. Right as I got to the stand I heard two gun shots over north of Arlie's. At 4:40 p.m., Taylor sent me a message that he saw some deer running in the valley to the east. Just as I got his text, I had a doe sneak in behind me from the the east. She got to about 25 yards and then went to the north on the edge of the pasture. At 4:50 p.m., Taylor had a doe and two fawn come up from the south. They all fed within 15 yards of him. He was looking back to see if there might have been a buck following them, and when he turned back around the doe busted him. She took off over the hill and ran by me about 20 yards to the west. Five minutes later another doe cam from the valley and walked past Taylor to the south heading west. Totals: Bob - 4 deer, 4 does and fawns, Taylor - 4 deer, 4 does and fawns.

No comments: