Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 p.m.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 p.m., 36 degrees, mostly sunny, wind NW 10-15 mph, sunset 4:35 p.m. (Hunting closes 5:05 p.m). The futility continues. This. afternoon I decided to change things up a bit. I wanted to give Acorn Alley a try. As I was walking in at 12:40 p.m., about 50 yards from my stand, I kicked 7 deer off of the south slope. They took off to the south and ran over the top of the hill. Just then, I turned to my left and saw a single deer on the south facing slope. It took off to the NW. I am pretty sure it was a small buck. Story of my season. While in the stand, it was more of the same...0. I did have something walk in to about 10 yards right at dark, but even with binoculars it was too tough to see what it was. My guess, it was a raccoon. Lon was out in the Twin Towers and had a doe and fawn feed out into the field near dark. Totals: Bob - 0 deer, Lon - 2 deer, 1 doe and 1 fawn

No comments: