Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Monday, November 17, 2008 p.m.

Monday, November 17, 2008 p.m.., 34 degrees, partly cloudy, some sun, wind NW 10-15 mph, sunset 4:36 p.m. (Hunting closes 5:06 p.m). After the morning hunt, Lon picked me up in the Ranger and we decided to run up to birch point and clean out my newly hung portable stand and check the camera. There were pictures of a couple of bucks and some does, but nothing big. Wind was still out of the W-NW. I decided to try my luck again at the twin towers. I was all set up a ready to go by 12:50 p.m. At 3:35 p.m., I did some raking with my arrows on the cedar tree to the north with some light grunting. About 5 minutes later, I got all excited when I heard something coming from the valley to the NW of me. Could this finally be my opportunity? Nope... My luck was not going to change as about 20 turkey appeared in the valley. At 4:15 p.m., I heard all whole mess of turkeys making all kinds of noise across the street to the north of me. At 4:35 p.m., I had a deer sneak in behind me (down wind) and it took off. All I saw was a tail. At 4:55 p.m., a doe came into the field from the east. That was it. Lon went to the north permanent stand and didn't see anything. Totals: Bob - 2 deer, 1 doe and 1? Lon - 0 deer

No comments: