Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 a.m.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 a.m., 26 degrees, mostly sunny, clear and cold wind SW 0-2 mph, sunrise 6:46 a.m. (Hunting opens 6:16 a.m.). With the corn still standing on the north side of the road, I decided to try and change my luck by hunting the big gun stand on the north side of the road. This is the same stand where I shot two does on the same morning earlier this season. Lon decided to go to the ladder stand at the top of birch point. I was all settled in by 5:55 a.m. At 7:05 a.m., I had a small spike buck come down the trail from the south. He got to about 40 yards away and decided to turn around and head back to where he came from. I should have gotten some video, but until I was able to get the binoculars on him I thought he was a doe. Lon saw 0. I guess he did kick one up in the way in. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 buck; Lon - 0 deer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great site guys. glad to see you are all still alive.

Meat