Monday, November 10, 2008

November 10, 2008 p.m.

Monday, November 10, 2008 p.m., 38 degrees, mostly sunny, clear and cool, wind E 2-5 mph, sunset 4:51 p.m. (Hunting closes 5:21 p.m). I got home a little early, and decided to head down to the border patrol stand. I was settled in by 4:05 p.m. I had checked the cameras this morning and there were very few pictures. Fortunately, I did get one picture (although it was kind of blurry) of a decent buck by the apple tree after the gun opener on Saturday. Hopefully, he can make it through the rest of he week without getting shot by a gun. At 4:30 p.m., I had a small spike come from the SE and cross going west about 80 yards south of me. He circled the tree and ended up 25 yards to the west of me. He then started down the trail towards the Ridgeback. Just then, I looked behind him and there was Big 8 on the main trail. I tried to grunt and doe bleat, but he took off up the trail towards the Ridgeback where Taylor was sitting. Taylor had been sitting for only 2 minutes and here came Big 8. He got a little excited and shot over the top of him. I would guess the buck was at 25 yards and he said he put his 30 yard pin on him. I think that he just didn't account for the downhill angle of the shot. Taylor did get some video that he will try and post later. Oh well. Totals: Bob - 2 deer, 2 bucks, Taylor - 2 deer, 2 bucks. 1 shot...No deer

No comments: