Sunday, November 16, 2008

Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday, November 14, 2008 a.m., 32 degrees, mostly cloudy, overcast, wind W-NW 5-10 mph, sunrise 6:44 a.m. (Hunting opens 6:14 a.m.). Lon and I decided to try our luck up top. I went to my new portable out on 1st (Birch) point. Lon went to the ladder stand out on 3rd point. It didn't take long. At 6:30 a.m., I had a small doe come from the south and work here way up on to the ridge. She ended up feeding up the hill to the east. At 7:10 a.m., after a few short grunts with the "buck growl," I had a small 6-7 pointer come in from the east. He walked down the trail to about 25 yards then circled down to the south. He kept looking at "Stubby," but couldn't figure out why he wasn't moving. After about 10 minutes. He disappeared down the hill. At 8:20 a.m., I had two does come from the east going west about 70 yards to the south of me. That was it. Totals: Bob - 4 deer, 3 does, 1 buck; Lon - 0 deer

No comments: