Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday November, 17th 2008 PM

Monday November, 17th 2008 PM

I decided to go to Ridgeback. I went to Ridgeback last night and had a spike buck feed under me for about 15 minutes, so I figured I might as well try it again. I was in the stand at 3:20 tonight.

At 4:20 I had the same big 8 come up from the south. (my right) He was walking towards the ATV path in front of me that leads to the "X". I figured he would pass in front of me so I didn't stand up. I planned on shooting him sitting down. I figured out this was a quick mistake as he ended up turning to his left, my right, at 15 yards away from me, by the way, which led me to have to try and stand up. He turned and looked away, which I found was a perfect time for me to stand, but the second I tried to stand the tree stand creeked really loud and I was busted. He looked at me and took off back where he came from. I grunted and he stopped at about 40 yards. He then slowly walked back down the hill into the valley. I tried to grunt a few more times but he had no interest. He was not totally spooked because he slowly walked away, but I do think that he knew that I was there.

Fawnslayer Out!
Total: Taylor: 1 deer: 1 buck, since I have seen him so many times I will now name him "Sly boy"

No comments: