Sunday, November 16, 2008

Friday, November 15, 2008 a.m.

Friday, November 15, 2008 a.m., 35 degrees, mostly cloudy, overcast, wind NW 10-15 mph, sunrise 6:43 a.m. (Hunting opens 6:13 a.m.). After a sleepless night, I decided to try my luck at the portable stand below the rock out crop. I was able to get in early and was all settled by 5:55 a.m. At 6:40 a.m., I had 3 does and one small buck come from the north up the hill towards me. Once he saw "Stubby," he decided to put on quite a show. He walked all the way around him (up wind) which I thought was kind of weird. He hung around for 10-15 minutes even after the does left. At 7:10 a.m., I heard a crash behind me (straight down wind of course) and turned around to see 130" 8 pointer take off to the south east. I am sure that he saw "Stubby," but he must have not smelled him or he smelled me and took off. This is really beginning to piss me off. That was it. Not able to hunt this afternoon, as we are going to the Badger football game. Total: Bob - 5 deer, 3 does and 2 bucks.

No comments: