Sunday, November 16, 2008

friday, November 14, 2008 p.m.

Friday, November 14, 2008 a.m., 43 degrees, mostly cloudy, overcast, wind N-NW 5-10 mph, sunset 4:39 p.m. (Hunting closes 5:09 p.m). Just for a change of pace (and a more comfortable permanent stand), I decided to try my luck at the Twin Towers. I was all settled in for the afternoon hunt by 12:30 p.m. I think that I may have kicked something up when I was settling in, but who knows for sure. At 1:40 p.m., I had a huge 10 pointer (130" conservatively) sneak through behind me to the west. Unfortunately, he never saw "Stubby.". Be the time I grabbed my bow and turned he was already through the shooting lane. I tried to grunt, bleat, snort wheeze, and even rattle, but he just wouldn't come back. I think that I am going to cry. What a beautiful buck! At 3:25 p.m., I had a doe and fawn sneak in behind me. They must have gotten down wind as they spooked into the creek bottom. I actually heard them and then saw them run across the upper bridge. At 4:15 p.m., a hen flew up into a tree 50 yards to the south of me. By 4:30 p.m., about 20 more Toms and hens flew up to join her. I was right that it put an end to my deer hunting. At 4:45 p.m., I looked across the road and there were 8 more Toms. Totals: Bob - 3 deer, 1 Buck, 40+ Turkeys

No comments: