Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday, November 16, 2008 p.m.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 p.m., 35 degrees, mostly cloudy, overcast, wind NW 2-5 mph, sunset 4:37 p.m. (Hunting closes 5:07 p.m). After watching the Packer game until the 4th quarter, I decided that I better get out and do some more hunting. With the two fresh scrapes SE of me, I just had to give the Oak Tree portable one more try. I sat there for 11 hours on Thursday and didn't see a tail, but the fresh sign was just too tempting. I was all set up and ready to go by 3:00 p.m. At 4:15 p.m., I had a small 5 point buck (I think it was the same one from yesterday morning) come up the valley to the south from the lower field by Lon's gun stand. He fed all the way up the hill and ended up straight west of me. I tried to grunt him in closer for some video, but he just wouldn't come over. Totals: 1 deer, 1 buck.

No comments: