Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday, November 16, 2008 a.m.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 a.m., 28 degrees, mostly cloudy, overcast, snow, wind W 5-10 mph, sunrise 6:42 a.m. (Hunting opens 6:12 a.m.). This morning I decided to give the twin towers a try. I drove my car out to see if there were any deer in the field. There were two does, but I figured that would be my best option as opposed to going through the creek bottom. I got into my stand and was all set to go by 5:50 a.m. Just as I was strapping on my release I could hear one coming. I looked to the SE and saw a good sized buck walk through on the trail I am not sure how big his rack was (too dark), but he did have a big body. Too bad he didn't come through 15 minutes later. At 7:15 a.m., about 30 hen turkeys flew down from the trees about 50 yards away. They fed to within 30 yards then turned and went back down the hill to the south. That was it. I sat until 10:45 a.m. Totals: 1 deer, 1 Buck

No comments: