Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thursday, November 13, 2008 All Day

Thursday, November 13, 2008 a.m., 40 degrees, mostly cloudy, overcast, wind S-SE 5-10 mph, sunrise 6:50 a.m. (Hunting opens 6:20 a.m.) sunset 4:40 p.m. (Hunting closes 5:10 p.m). . Today is the start of a long awesome week of hunting. Hopefully the bucks and weather will cooperate. I plan on sitting all day, so I packed plenty of food and water for the marathon. I was to my stand by 6:00 a.m., but it took me a while to get settled. I must admit that I wasn't the quietest getting in and set up. I decided to try my new portable stand that I hung in a tree west and a little north of Lon's gun stand/fort south of Copper Creek. I was fairly optimistic as there are two fresh scrapes about 20 yards SE of my stand. For the morning hunt, Lon went to the wood portable ladder stand below the rock outcropping. He got down at 9:30 a.m., and had not seen a thing. He did hear one blow a warning call at about 7:30 a.m. I thought that I had heard it as well because it was basically between us. I sat all morning, until I had to get down to take a leak. I was only down for about 5 minutes all day. At 2:00 p.m., it started raining. Unfortunately, it continued all night. Fortunately, I had just purchased a complete body heat suit. www.heaterbodysuit.com It kept me dry and warm all day. I can honestly day it is a great product that was a worth while investment. It kept me in the field all day. Believe it or not. That was it. Zero deer all day. 11 hours on the stand and nothing. Ouch! Totals: Bob - 0 deer, Lon 0 - deer

No comments: