Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 a.m.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 a.m., 31 degrees, mostly cloudy, overcast, wind E-SE 5-10 mph, sunrise 6:54 a.m. (Hunting opens 6:24 a.m.). This morning, I decided to give the fish bowl a try. I got into the stand at about 6:00 a.m. and it was still dark. I had been in the stand for more then a minute when I heard foot steps coming up from the creek bottom to the east. I picked up my binoculars and was able to pick up this big bodied buck 15 yards away. He must have followed me in. It was too dark to shoot (I had not even knocked an arrow or put on my release). He walked around the stand to the north and passed through all my shooting lanes at 15 yards. Once he decided that he couldn't see or smell his friend; he hopped the fence over into Arlie's. At 6:50 a.m., I looked to the north and saw a small deer trotting up the hill (west) about 100 yards away. At 7:45 a.m., I did here one gun shot to the NE. I would guess that it was about 1/2 mile away. That was it. I did see one small doe by the ladder stand on the way back in. Totals: 2 deer, 1 Buck.

No comments: