Friday, November 14, 2008

November 14th, 2008 PM

November 14th, 2008 PM

Decided to go to the Apple Tree. I was in the stand at about 2:50 and not even 2 minutes later I looked directly in front of me and down in the creek bottom there was a big buck. He walked to the North and around the small patch of trees and up the hill. He crossed the mowed path and entered the woods. I tried to get him to walk towards me but he wasn't interested. I never had a shot. I never was able to count, but it was at least an eight, if not the big 11! I was bummed that I missed yet another chance.

At about 4:45 I saw momma doe with her two fawns all the way across the valley close to Pisa area. Something spooked them and momma ran to the east while her two fawns ran directly at me. About half way across the fawns split and I had one stop just past where I saw the buck earlier. That was it for me.

FawnSlayer Out!
Totals: Taylor: 4 deer: 1 big Buck: 1 doe: 2 fawns




1 comment:

ruedisili said...

Sweet buck. Cool video. I think I would have taken that shot for sure. I would guess that was about 30 yards. Better to be safe then sorry with a big boy like that. Good patience!