Friday, October 31, 2008

Thursday, October 30, 2008 p.m.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 p.m., 68 degrees, sunny and warm, wind S 10-20 mph, sunset 6:05 p.m. (Hunting closes 6:35 p.m). My plane and baggage arrived on time from Sioux Falls and I was out the door heading for Cannon Falls. I was more excited the Michael Jackson at a boys 6th grade slumber party. After a quick shower, I got dressed and headed for the woods with "stubby" in tow. Because the wind was from the south, I decided that Arlie's Nob might be a good choice. I was all settled in my stand by 3:30 p.m. After I got settled in, I could hear a combine picking the corn up in right field. If I had know, I would have probably tried to set up over in that direction. Oh well. At 5:50 p.m., I looked to my right (north) and there was a small doe sneaking from the creek bottom heading NW along the fence line. The closest she got was 40 yards away. Unfortunately, that was it for the evening. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 doe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see that Heidi nicknamed it "Stubby" huh?

Thats cute!

FawnSlayer