Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Monday, November 17, 2008 a.m.

Monday, November 17, 2008 a.m., 28 degrees, partly cloudy, wind NW 10-15 mph, sunrise 6:44 a.m. (Hunting opens 6:14 a.m.). We stayed at Romance last night and Lon an I drove down to Copper Creek this morning. We checked the field over by the Twin Towers and there were 4 does and fawns out feeding in the soy beans. Nevertheless, I decided to try my luck at Rock Out and Lon went to his gun stand fort. As I was setting up Stubby, and I had a deer follow me in from the creek bottom and ran right by the base of my tree. After I got in I had another deer sneak behind me to the east going south. It was way too dark to tell what either of them were. At 9:40 a.m., I had two does sneak in behind me to the SE. They got to 30 yards (they were down wind - of course) and went back to the SE. I am just shocked that there were no bucks chasing then. Lon got down at 10:00 a.m. He saw a group of 4 does and another single doe by herself. I stayed until 11:00 a.m. Totals: Bob - 4 deer, 2 does, an 2 ?'s. Lon - 5 deer, 5 does.

No comments: