Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday October 31st, 2010

Sunday October 31st, 2010

Bob was in the cities so I was flying solo for the morning. I decided to go to the "Ex" stand. There was no wind and it was about 25 degrees out, thought it was going to be a perfect morning! I brought Harry out with me and set him up about 12 yards directly in front of me. I had nothing going until about 9am when I had a little six pointer walk up behind me. He noticed Harry and approached to about 20 yards and then decided Harry wasn't for him so he turned and walked over the ridge to my left. At 9:45 I had a nice little year and a half old seven pointer (would have been an eight but broke off one brow tine). He walked up the hill from left to right at about 50 yards. I grunted at him and he ended up coming closer and noticed Harry. He actually circled me and started back down the trail 5 yards behind me until I spooked him when trying to turn in my stand. He didn't know I was there because he ran to about 20 yards and turned around and looked right at Harry. He must have thought that Harry had moved because he then just slowly walked away never even looking at me. I got some nice video of both bucks. That was it. Totals: Taylor 2 deer: 2 bucks.

FawnSlayer Out!





No comments: