Friday, October 22, 2010

Thursday, October 21, 2010 PM

Thursday, October 21, 2010 pm, Sunset: 6:19 p.m. Hunting closes: 6:49 Temp: 53 degrees, Wind: NW 5-10mph. Mostly sunny. After the morning hunt, I must say that I am pretty excited for the evening hunt. I was in and all set up a bit later then I wanted (4:15), but it still be a nice sit. I had a lot to do today as Taylor and I are heading down to Romance in Wisconsin tonight for the weekend hunt. I got a seat built for Everest (I'll put it up 2morrow morning), shot my bow, and got packed for the weekend. I also did a ton of work today. Taylor got here late, so he grabbed stubby (other decoy) and went to the ladder stand. At 5:00, Taylor texted me that he was seeing deer over by Ridgeback. They were too far away to tell what they were. At 5:15, Taylor texted me and said that he saw a big doe. She came from Ridgeback and got to about 45 yards then fed back towards the X. At 6:15, Taylor had another do walking behind him on the pasture line. At 6:20, I had 2 does come from behind me to the west. They saw Harry, and were not happy. They blew a few warning calls and followed the trail up to the west. At 6:45, Taylor texted that he had 4 more does and fawn to the south of him towards the house. Totals: Bob- 2 deer, 2 does, Taylor - 7 deer, 7 does.

No comments: