Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday, October 11, 2010 am

Monday, October 11, 2010 am, Sunrise: 7:16 a.m. Opener: 6:46. Temp: 49 degrees, Wind: 0 mph. Mostly sunny. With no wind to speak of, I decided to give the point a try. On my way into the stand (I walked behind the shed), I started to kick deer up from the woods before I even got past the building. It was a valuable lesson for me. Next time, I will go down into the food plot and walk up (west) to the stand. I hope things will settle down and the deer will be moving to their beds. I was in the stand by 6:30, so hopefully there are still some deer in Arlie's field that want to move down into the creek bottom. At 7:30, I had a medium sized doe walk across the food plot heading west, south of the stump. She walked up the sledding hill behind me and towards Ridgeback. When she got to the top of the hill, she turned and came back down the hill towards me. She got to within 15 yards but was facing towards me. She ended up spooking back up the mail trail and up towards Ridgeback. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 doe.

No comments: